Carrs go large with 6 kWatt Laser Welder.
Carrs have now gone to the next stage with their capital spend on the latest Trumpf 6 kWs welding laser.
The Disk laser provides important back up for the 4kWs disk already installed at Carrs and being in different factories allows Carrs to have crucial production cover for all their product lines.
The DISK laser is another YAG laser and will weld 6mm (and more depending on the joint) into steel and aluminium. Titanium can be welded up to 5mm. The wavelength is 1030nm, and the beam quality ( 8mm mrad) is now the best Carrs has in the building, which in simple terms means it has a good working envelope and still welds well with varying joint focus and fit up.
- Gear welding with the improved beam quality means beautiful neat deep welds are possible every time.
- Lithium Ion Cell welding of high current terminals with 5mm low impedance contacts. High current pack assembly for Energy Stores and battery packs.
- Large assemblies or fabrications of titanium or aluminium or steel can welded on dedicated jigs.
- Transmission components. Retaining rings on “un-weldable” gears. Drum assemblies and clutch parts.
- Turbos and Superchargers, in dissimilar metals.
- Taylor welded blanks in steel or aluminium.
All application enquiries to Carrs on 0044 1536 412828. Or on www.carrswelding.co.uk
Laser vs EB weldingNews
Laser welding and Electron Beam welding comparisons. Easy guide. The Disk or Fibre laser and the Electron Beam (EB) all make for good welding techniques and are both high power beam processes. They both produce neat repeatable welding procedures and due to the capital cost of the equipment are relatively expensive compared to conventional MIG […]
Carrs on InstagramLaser welding
Check out the Latest – You can always be up to date with the latest feeds through your Instagram account. Instagram is your online photo and video sharing social networking service. See what the latest challenges the shop floor have in the world of LaserWelding – on a weekly basis Check out………….or click on our […]
Medical meets eye Laser WeldingLaser welding
A client came to Carrs while trying to combat a medical condition called ‘Persistent Nystagmus’, an abnormal rhythmic oscillation of the eyes that is estimated to occur in 0.24% of the population. This effects a person’s ability to control eye movements, having a substantial impact on quality of life. CWT were able to successfully weld […]