Carrs go large with 6 kWatt Laser Welder.
Carrs have now gone to the next stage with their capital spend on the latest Trumpf 6 Kwatts welding laser.
The Disk laser provides important back up for the 4Kwatts disk already installed at Carrs and being in different factories allows Carrs to have crucial production cover for all their product lines.
The DISK laser is another YAG laser and will weld 6mm (and more depending on the joint) into steel and aluminium. Titanium can be welded upto 5mm. The wavelength is 1030nm, and the beam quality ( 8mm mrad) is now the best Carrs has in the building, which in simple terms means it has a good working envelope and still welds well with varying joint focus and fit up.
- Gear welding with the improved beam quality means beautiful neat deep welds are possible every time.
- Lithium Ion Cell welding of high current terminals with 5mm low impedance contacts. High current pack assembly for Energy Stores and battery packs.
- Large assemblies or fabrications of titanium or aluminium or steel can welded on dedicated jigs.
- Transmission components. Retaining rings on “un-weldable” gears. Drum assemblies and clutch parts.
- Turbos and Superchargers, in dissimilar metals.
- Taylor welded blanks in steel or aluminium.
All application enquiries to Carrs on 0044 1536 412828. Or on www.carrswelding.co.uk
Laser Welding 3 Peak Challenge in JuneLaser welding
Carrs swap their activities from Laser Welding to the ‘Three Peaks Challenge’ which involves climbing the three highest peaks of Scotland, England and Wales. Alistair, John and Tom will attempt to cover the total walking distance of 23 miles (37km), a total ascent of 3064 metres (10,052ft) – and a driving distance of 462 miles. […]
Carrs expanding businessLaser welding
Due to the expansion of the business Carrs Welding Technologies are taking over the adjoining unit. This enables the company to utilise the extra space for their additional new Lasers. Carrs will occupy both Units 2 and 3 on Henson Way Industrial Estate, Kettering.
Carrs have now gone to the next stage with their capital spend on the latest Trumpf 6 Kwatts welding laser. The Disk laser provides important back up for the 4Kwatts disk already installed at Carrs and being in different factories allows Carrs to have crucial production cover for all their product lines. The […]